Principal/Senior Electrical Engineer
At EC-OG we are dedicated to changing the energy landscape towards a sustainable future.
We facilitate the use of renewable power sources through the intelligent integration and management of energy storage. We provide engineering consultancy, which is completely technology agnostic, utilising proprietary EC-OG software to complete data analysis. We provide energy storage and energy management equipment, integrate these into complete renewable energy systems using a combination of EC-OG designed products and those from trusted partners.
The role of Senior Electrical Engineer is given to those who can demonstrate expertise and in-depth industry knowledge. The Senior Electrical Engineer will take project lead role for all electrical engineering and be the driving force behind project completion for the company. They are responsible for all electrical designs, documentation and qualification to the required applicable industry standards. You will engage in both project teams and the technical committee to aid with current and future work. Ideally the preferred candidate will have experience to facilitate and carry out testing at an R&D and project delivery level. The Senior Electrical Engineer will report to the Project Manager on a day to day basis with project deliverables and to Engineering Manager on technical matters.
Key Abilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Oversee all technical and practical aspects of EC-OG electrical hardware.
- Establish synergies and working practises at the Company.
- Disseminate key information from the technical committee to the project teams.
- Production of discipline documentation deliverables; checking and approval of discipline documents
- Produce electrical specifications and calculations and hold design reviews.
- Develop, assist in compilation, and implement electrical test procedures and carrying out FAT with client witness.
- Provide onshore support to Engineers/Technicians during product assembly and commissioning.
- Good understanding of electrical control circuits.
- Wide experience of LV design including, fault levels, protection settings, short-circuit calculations, surge protection, discrimination and co-ordination.
- Knowledge of high voltage and three-phase devices.
- Wide knowledge of cable selection and sizing for design and protection requirements.
- Good understanding of UPS Systems.
- Sound working knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards.
- Record of supporting research and development work and production applications.
- Able to clearly explain technical issues, justify technical decisions, and write technical specification documents.
- Self-starter with innovation, integrity, strong work ethic and attention to details.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to think creatively, problem solve, and innovate.
- A desire to learn battery technologies.
- Aware of latest technical developments.
- Ensure project activities are completed in compliance with the quality management system.
- Offer support and guidance to members of the team to aid the growth and development of the company.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply EC-OG, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety
- Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering MEng/MSc or BEng, however a combination of alternative qualifications and experience will be considered and may be advantageous.
- 10+ years’ experience.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications.
Preferred, but not essential:
- Competent Engineer in Electrical Engineering.
- Chartered or Incorporated engineer.
- Working knowledge of MATLAB, Simulink, Pspice or equivalent software.