At EC-OG we are dedicated to changing the energy landscape towards a sustainable future. We facilitate the use of renewable power sources through the intelligent integration and management of energy storage.
We have an immediate full-time position in Aberdeen for a workshop technician to join and help with the manufacture, test and maintenance of our equipment.
The role requires you to be involved in all workshop activities from manufacture to test and maintenance of EC-OG equipment. You will be required to be flexible in these areas as and when the business needs to shift between manufacturing, testing and maintenance. As part of the workshop team, you will report to the Workshop Manager. You may also report to other members of the team depending on the requirements of the business during times where there is reduced manufacturing.
Key Abilities (includes, but not limited to the following):
- Mechanical and electrical assembly in accordance with approved GA drawings and wiring schematics.
- To satisfactorily complete all activities identified within EC-OG work packs.
- Accurate completion of FAT documentation.
- Identify and propose improvements to the manufacturing process.
- Engage with Workshop Manager to highlight and improve workshop processes and activities.
- Engage with Engineering to highlight areas of opportunity for design optimisations.
- Work with manufacturing team to develop procedures and guidelines.
- Read CAD drawings.
- Read P&ID drawings.
- Carry out mechanical assembly of EC-OG battery systems.
- Carry out electrical wiring, termination and testing of EC-OG battery systems.
- Ensure all workshop plant and equipment, including test equipment, is maintained to the required standards.
- Ensure all calibrated equipment and tooling used within the assembly and test process is available, calibrated and rated for the work activities and duration.
- Assist with packaging of products and equipment.
- Assist with goods-in and QA/QC of components.
- Maintain a clean, tidy, and safe workshop in compliance with EC-OG 5s and ESD standards.
- Present a positive, proactive “can-do” approach at all times.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply EC-OG, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policies and Safety Management Systems.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- Have completed a recognised modern apprenticeship in Electrical, Electronic or mechanical discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience with manufacturing, test, and maintenance operations.
- Experience of working with teams to diagnose technical issues during assembly and testing, ability to problem solve seeking solutions through the expertise of both self and others, researching the facts with care and resolving problems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Good time management and organisational skills with the drive and enthusiasm to work efficiently to meet tight deadlines.
- Focus on results and willingly tackle problems or conflicts which threaten their achievement.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instruction. Be a self-starter, capable of working on own initiative in order to achieve tasks and overcome problems as well as provide direction for others.
- Proven demonstrable ability to electrically wire or mechanically assemble complex units in a manual assembly environment.
- Proven demonstrable ability to read mechanical assembly drawings, wiring diagrams and circuit diagrams.
- Actively develop personal competence to align with the technical grades defined in the EC-OG competence matrix.
- HNC in Electrical, Electronic or mechanical discipline.
- Qualified to IPC standards or have sound knowledge of IPC standards.
- Good understanding of ESD standards and working requirements.